Historic Antwerp with a twist
Why do Antwerp people call their children “pagadders”?
Why do they call the castle “The Stone”? Who is this guy “Lange Wapper”?
What about this giant, chopping off hands?
Why was Antwerp’s most famous citizen, Rubens, reluctant to talk about his childhood, and what part did the Dutch king have in that?
On this entertaining walking tour through the historic city centre you’ll meet famous and infamous Antwerp citizens and legendary creatures from the last centuries.
Learn the history of this city through the stories of historical buildings and their inhabitants.
Most of the stories & legends came to life in the 16th century or Antwerp’s Golden Age when this place was the centre of what we now know as Europe.
Meet me in front of the city hall and discover the charms of this city.
- Maximum 20 participants.
- From Monday till Sunday.
- Duration: 2 hours
- From 15 participants: 15€ per person.
- Up to and including 14 participants: 18€ per person.
- Up to and including 9 participants: 25€ per person.
- Up to and including 6 participants: 35€ per person
- Less than 4 participants: 180€ in total.
- including tasting of 2 typical Antwerp regional products.
Info and reservation, click here.
Check out the extended version of this tour, ‘Antwerpen for Dummies‘